This event has now passed. Check out our future evening and one day conferences here.
Birmingham Development Plans 2018
Monday, 21st May 2018 @ 1530hrs - 1900hrs
The Council House, Birmingham,
Birmingham Development Plans 2018 | Event
We’ll be joined by some fantastic speakers in Birmingham who’ll provide an abundance of market intel and outline the development plans for some of the regions biggest projects. Discussions and presentations from the speakers will include a focus on the Commonwealth Games and the opportunities this brings the region for economic growth which includes the £70m project to transform Alexander Stadium and the Athletics Villages which will be transformed into housing once the games are over and much more.
VIP Dinner Tickets
A unique opportunity to spend quality time after the event with the speakers. Take discussions about projects and schemes, procurement opportunities and networking with decision makers into a more relaxed and open setting. Those who joined us at the dinner included:
- Katy Katani – Zorin Finance
- Peter Griffiths – Birmingham City Council
- Kevin Sharkey – Key Land Capital
- John Plumridge – Birmingham City University
- Other Companies: AFL Architects, Oracle Solutions Asbestos, EH Smith Holdings, Gensler, HOK, Study Inn Group, Edmond Shipway LLP, Fracino
Dinner venue: Opus at Cornwall Street.
With the arrival of HS2 and the recent announcement of the successful Commonwealth Games the next few years will continue to see Birmingham’s economy boom! The improved connectivity that will come from HS2 is set to see the region be a real focus area for inward investment over the next 10 years, and the Commonwealth Games will see a huge number of visitors coming to the City – with a massive opportunity to market the City during this period as a brilliant place to both live and work. It’s certainly an exciting time, and we’ll be joined by some incredible speakers including:
- Peter Griffiths; Cabinet Member for Homes and Housing at Birmingham City Council. He’ll be sharing an overview of the huge plans and potential residential and housing sites in the city.
- Simon Delahunty-Forrest; City Design & Conservation Manager for the Commonwealth Games 2022. An Executive Member of the team will be giving an insight into plans for the Games, which include the revamp of Alexander Stadium which will see a £70m investment, the athletes village which will be transformed after the event to housing, and other schemes which will make sure the games has the correct level of infrastructure, accommodation, leisure and more to make a lasting legacy in the city.
- Kevin Sharkey; Director at Key Land Capital. The property development business based in the West Midlands specialise in residential and commercial projects. They’ll be sharing an overview of current and future plans for the business, whilst also looking to engage with partners on joint ventures to deliver high quality developments.
- Katy Katani; Associate Director, Business Development and Marketing at Zorin Finance. They’ll be sharing details of where they’re looking to provide funding whilst looking to engage with developers and delegates across the built environment to provide a collaborative approach.