1 Acceptance of Terms
1.1 This is the built-environment-networking.com website (the “Site“) which is owned and operated by Built Environment Networking Limited a company registered in England (Company No. 07055370) of 18 Stoneleigh Close, Moortown, Leeds, LS17 8FH (“we“, “us“, “our“).
2.1 The following words shall have the following meanings:
“Access Information” means any information we provide you with in order to enable you to access the Services including, but not limited to, any password you choose to use;
“Content” means any content or material, whether of an audio or visual nature and including but not limited to words, pictures, blogs, comments, biographies, case studies, programmes and podcasts posted on, by or via the Site;
“Fee” means the fee payable by you to us for the Services;
“Intellectual Property” means any and all intellectual property rights including, without limitation, patents, designs, copyright, trade marks, database rights, rights in and to confidential information and know-how (whether such rights are registered or capable of registration and including all applications and rights to apply) and any rights analogous to the same subsisting anywhere in the world at any time;
“Registered User” means a user who registers to use the Services on the Site;
“Services” means the subscription services relating to individual improvement in business development and marketing which you have ordered from us.
3 Purchase of the Services
3.1 The placing of any Services on our Site is an invitation to accept offers for such Services and is not an offer to sell at the listed price nor is it binding on us. We are under no obligation to accept your order (whether or not the order has been confirmed and the debit/credit card been charged).
3.2 Please note that the details and/or specification for the Services, as set out on the Site, is subject to change without notice.
3.3 We will acknowledge by e-mail your order for Services at the time you place your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. We will then notify you whether we have accepted your order in whole or in part. At the same time if we have accepted your order we will provide you with the Access Information if applicable.
3.4 We agree to provide the Services to you using reasonable skill and care.
4 Rules of Use
(a) that you are at least 18 years old;
(b) that all your personal, and where applicable, company details submitted to us are and shall at all times be true and accurate;
(c) that you will not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
(d) that you will not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site;
(e) to not use the Site in any unlawful manner or in any manner that could disenable, damage or be otherwise harmful to the Site or any part thereof; and
(f) to not use the Site in any manner which could be deemed to be in any way offensive, harmful, unpleasant, inappropriate, threatening, fraudulent, defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, false, libellous, unreliable, misleading, harassing, intimidating, infringing, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable.
5 Your obligations
5.1 In consideration of us providing the Services you shall:
(a) pay the Fee;
(b) co-operate with us and follow our reasonable instructions in all matters relating to the Services; and
(c) keep your Access Information secure and confidential and not share or disclose such information to any third party.
6 Cancellation of contract by you
6.1 When we enter into a contract with you for the provision of the Services we will send you an email (to the email address supplied by you when ordering the Services on the Site) confirming details of the Services ordered by you and the contract between us. Except where you have commenced using the Services, you may cancel the contract at any time up to and including the seventh Working Day (the “Cancellation Period“) after you receive the email confirming the contract between us, provided you notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.2 In the event that the contract is cancelled, for whatever reason, you undertake to delete or destroy all records relating to the Services, including but not limited to any Access Information.]
7 Prices and Payment
7.1 The Fee for the Services is as set out on the Site and is exclusive of VAT.
7.2 Payments must be made by credit or debit card or such other options made available by the payment processor at the time of paying for the Services.
7.3 Your payment will be processed by a secure connection at the time you place your order on the relevant section of the Site and thereafter during your monthly payment for the Services.
7.4 We will inform you as soon as practicable if we cannot supply the Services and/or Access Information as applicable within thirty (30) days of your order and you may agree an alternative time frame or you may cancel the order. In no event shall we be liable to you for any losses you may have for any delay in you being able to access the Services.
7.5 If you cancel the Services before the Cancellation Period expires in accordance with clause 6.1, we shall use reasonable endeavours to refund you the Fee for the Services within fourteen (14) days.
7.6 Refunds may occasionally be offered at the discretion of the management.
8.1 If you wish to terminate your registration to the Services then you may do so by [cancelling your account within the My Account section of the Site by selecting ‘Cancel Account’ and submitting your password]. Upon termination no refunds will be made of any fees paid by you, irrespective of whether such fees have been paid in advance.
8.2 We may terminate the Services immediately on giving notice to you if:
8.2.1 You commit a breach of any of the terms of the contract between us and (if such a breach is remediable) you fail to remedy that breach within five (5) days of being notified of the breach;
8.2.2 You repeatedly breach any of the terms of the contract between us in such a manner as to reasonably justify in our opinion that your conduct is inconsistent with having the intention or ability to give effect to the terms of the contract between us;
8.2.3 You suspend, or threaten to suspend, payment of your debts or are unable to pay your debts as they fall due or admit inability to pay your debts or are deemed either unable to pay your debts or as having no reasonable prospect of so doing, in either case, within the meaning of section 268 of the Insolvency Act 1986.
8.3 On cancellation of your account, your account will be deleted and further access to the Services will be denied without re-registration.
9 Provision of the Site
9.1 We agree that we shall provide the Site using reasonable skill and care. However, we do not warrant that the Site will be continuously available or have an internet presence at all times and we shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any costs and/or inconveniences caused by the Site at any time being unavailable. We may at any time and without notice to you, suspend, restrict or withdraw your access to the Site, in whole or in part, either on a permanent or temporary basis.
9.2 We do not represent or warrant that the Site or any of the Content on the Site is reliable, complete, current or error-free or that it is free of viruses or other harmful components and you should ensure that you exercise caution in the access and use of any Content or other such information, material from the Site. Any such access, use, downloading or other means of obtaining Content material from or through the Site by you is at your own discretion and risk.
9.3 We shall be entitled at any time to remove or change (temporarily or permanently) the Site or any part thereof for any other reason.
9.4 Where links to third party websites form part of the Content, we shall not be responsible and shall not accept any liability for the accuracy, reliability and/or content of the linked website or any link contained in a linked website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such linked website.
10 Intellectual Property and Data
10.1 You acknowledge that any and all Intellectual Property in or relating to the Services, our business, the Site and any Content belongs solely to us and/or our licensors, as applicable, and shall remain entirely in such ownership, including without limitation the Site design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Site. Nothing said or done by either party shall constitute the transfer of any such rights.
10.2 Except as set out in clause 10.3, you may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our Site.
10.3 You shall be permitted to download, copy and/or print pages of the Site which are only accessible through the Services for your own personal, non-commercial home use only.
10.4 Except as permitted by clause 10, no permission is given by us for use by you or by any third party of any Intellectual Property in the Site, including without limitation any Content which may constitute an infringement of our Intellectual Property rights or the rights of any third party.
11 Disclaimer and Liability
11.1 We give no warranty regarding the functionality of the Site including without limitation that the Site will be available on an uninterrupted or error free basis; that defects will be corrected; or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive and no liability can be accepted in respect of losses or damages arising out of such. We recommend that you take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information or images from the Site.
11.4 Subject to clause 11.3:
11.4.1 we shall not be liable for loss of profits; or loss of business; or depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses; or loss of anticipated savings; or loss of goods; or loss of contract; or loss of use; or loss or corruption of data or information; or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses; and
11.4.2 our total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise shall be limited to:
18.104.22.168 where you are not a Registered User of the Site, to £1; or
22.214.171.124 where you are a Registered User of the Site to the Fee paid by you in the year preceding the date on which the default occurred.
11.5 Commentary and other materials on the Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its Content.
12 General Provisions
13 Complaints Procedure
13.1 We are very proud of our high standards of customer service however, in the event that we fail in meeting these standards, please do not hesitate to contact us by using the address in the ‘Contact Us’ section below. Our aim will always be to deal with your complaint as soon as practicable and make every effort to reach a satisfactory conclusion on your behalf in order to retain your valued custom.
14 Contact Us
14.1 If you have any queries or concerns about the Services or the Site or any material which appears on our Site please email us at email@example.com or write to Built Environment Networking Limited at 18 Stoneleigh Close, Moortown, Leeds, LS17 8FH.
15.1 Built Environment Networking Ltd (the ‘’Promoter’’) Built Environment Networking Season Ticket Competition Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Built Environment Networking Season Ticket Competition (the ‘’Competition’’). By entering the Competition entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition will recur every month opening at 00:00 on the 1st of each month (the ‘’Opening Date’’) and closing at 23:59 on the last day of each month (the ‘’Closing Date’’). No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions, incomplete or which are determined to be fraudulent, will be void and will become invalid.
- In order to enter the Competition you must: Complete the information requested on the Built Environment Networking Competition page for one (1) entry into the competition (the “Entry”). Entrants are providing their information to Built Environment Networking (the “Promoter”) only. The information provided will only be used for purposes as detailed in clause 14. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any other companies. Entrants agree that proof of submitting their Entry to the Built Environment Networking Competition page shall not be proof of the Promoter’s receipt of any Entry.
- In order to receive additional entries into the Competition entrants can: Share the competition on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, Email or by any other method possible (the “External Channels”) using the unique URL code (the “Link”) given on the Competition page and also by email to the email address supplied during the initial Entry. For every successful referral, when a contact clicks the Link and successfully completes to Entry (the “Referral), you will receive five (5) additional Entries into the competition. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with External Channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and WhatsApp. Entrants agree that proof of a Referral shall not be proof of the Promoter’s receipt of any additional Entry.
- The Competition is open to all legal residents of the UK, eighteen (18) years of age or older working within the construction, property and built environment industries.
- Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of Built Environment Networking and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners and siblings) of each of the above are not eligible to enter and/or to win the Competition.
- No purchase of any kind is necessary to take part in this competition.
- There will be one (1) first place winner (the ‘’Winner’’). The prize is as follows; 1 (one) standard conference ticket to every conference held within the 12 months following the Closing Date (the ‘’Prize’’).
- The Winner of the Prize will be selected by the Promoter on or before the 5th of each month. The Promoter’s decision shall be final, and no correspondence will be entered. The Winner will be selected at random from all Competition Entries. The Winner will be contacted by email before the 10th of each Competition month. If the Winner cannot be contacted and does not respond 30 days after initial contact the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner at random from the remaining eligible Entries.
- The Prize does not include travel, accommodation or any other expenses associated with travelling to and from our events.
- The Winner agrees to take part in post-Competition publicity at the request of the Promoter. By entering into the Competition, entrants agree to the Promoter’s unrestricted use of the Competition Entry and any post-marketing and promotional activities including use on the Promoter’s website and social networking platforms.
- The Prize may be altered or varied at the Promoter’s sole discretion and substituted with a prize which, in the Promoter’s sole opinion, is a suitable alternative. No cash alternatives are available. The Prize is non-transferable and may not be sold, offered for sale, coupled or bundled with any other product or services or used for any commercial or promotional purposes whatsoever.
- Once the Prize has been administered, the Promoter shall share the Winner’s name on www.built-evironment-networking.com.
- The Winner agrees to notify the Promoter at least 14 days prior to every event confirming their attendance. Failure to do so may result in unavailability of tickets.
- Personal data which is provided by you when you enter will be processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into the Competition and ongoing marketing campaigns. By providing us with any personal information, you consent to the processing and storage of your personal information for this purpose. If you withdraw your consent, you will be withdrawn from the Competition. Please read https://www.built-environment-networking.com/legals/ to understand more about how the Promoter will process your personal information.
- Entrants accept that External Channels are offered on an ‘’as is’’ and ‘’as available’’ basis. While the Promoter takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the External Channels are functioning properly at all times, the Promoter does not warrant that the External Channels will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free of software viruses or bugs or other defects. The Promoter has no control over, and disclaims all responsibility for, any content which entrants (collectively known as ‘’Users’’), may encounter, or events which may occur as a result of any User’s use of External Channels to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the Promoter shall not be liable for any damages or other losses of any type whatsoever incurred by Users as a result of their use of External Channels. The Promoter does not exclude liability for death or personal injury, or any other losses which cannot be excluded or limited by law. However, by accepting these Terms and Conditions, Users accept that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter cannot be liable to Users for any loss or damage entrants may suffer as a result of using External Channels. Users must take their own precautions (including but not limited to installing adequate protective measures to guard against software viruses and ensuring that up-to-date copies are made of all data) to protect Users against loss or damage.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to void any Entries in which entrants have not supplied, in full, correct information on the Competition page.
- The Promoter of this Competition is Built Environment Networking Ltd, whose registered office is at 18 Stoneleigh Close, Moortown, Leeds, LS17 8FH
- To the maximum extent permitted by law the Promoter and its related entities shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons or property which may be sustainable in connection with receipt, ownership and/or use of the Prizes.
- All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. English law governs this Competition and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.