This event has now passed. Check out our future evening and one day conferences here.
Transforming West Yorkshire 2018
Tuesday, 19th June 2018 @ 1530hrs - 1900hrs
Civic Hall, Leeds
Transforming West Yorkshire 2018 | Event
We’ll be joined by some fantastic speakers in Leeds who’ll provide an abundance of market intel and outline the development plans for some of the regions biggest projects. Discussions and presentations from the speakers will include an overview of the impressive plans Wakefield Council have for the region including a new link road to Leeds providing huge opportunities for residential and commercial developments, the Castleford Riverside Regeneration project and their huge residential scheme set to transform the town, the regeneration of the Rutland Mills site and the surrounding waterfront area opposite the Hepworth Museum in the heart of Wakefield, the ambitious transformation of Halifax town centre and train station proposed by Calderdale Council and much more.
Conference Partnership Packages
|Partnership Package||Exhibition Stand||Delegate Places||Number of Packages||Cost (+VAT)|
|Exhibitors Package||3m x 2m||2||4||£1500||View Package Details|
|Programme Partner||2||1||£500||View Package Details|
When we hear about the exciting developments in West Yorkshire the arrival of HS2 and plans to double the city centre of Leeds are usually at the forefront of peoples minds, but other cities and towns within West Yorkshire are the ones driving huge developments and economic growth within the regions through exciting master plans and investment within key infrastructure and development sites. Wakefield is one of those cities as they plan to transform Castleford whilst regenerating Wakefield Westgate and Kirkgate to expand the city. We’re delighted to have some speakers central to development in West Yorkshire at our conference in June including:
- Merran McRae; Chief Executive of Wakefield City Council. She’ll be sharing an overview of the exciting plans with developments happening all across the region. Westgate and Kirkgate have several projects happening at the moment, a new shopping development and stadium set to house Castleford Tigers next to Xscape and Junction 32 of the M26 is moving forward quickly, the development of a new link road and funding by Homes England has unlocked huge economic growth opportunities in the North of the city.
- Katie Tonkinson; Partner at Hawkins Brown – representing City & Provincial Properties. Hawkins Brown are the architects on a scheme set to revolutionise the Kirkgate area of Wakefield. Rutland Mills sits in a waterfront location next to the Hepworth Gallery, is planned to include a new four-storey building, riverside pier, public realm creating a large open air events space, with flex in the plans to create additional space for new shops, a hotel, conference and education space, a microbrewery and much more.
- Cllr Barry Collins; Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Economy at Calderdale Council. Halifax have some exciting projects happening including the regeneration of the town centre and revamp of the train station and Barry will be sharing an overview of the ongoing and future plans for the region. He’ll also discuss details of their Local Plan which is set to be submitted to Government later this year including plans for 12,000 new homes in the region.
- David Frohnsdorff; Director at Castleford Riverside Regeneration Ltd. David will share an overview of the incredibly ambitious development for brownfield land in Castleford which will see the development of 1,400 homes, alongside commercial space and more – all of which was given the green light recently by Wakefield Council.
- Ummar Hanif; Regional Manager for Capital Investment at the Department for International Trade. His role is to promote Northern development sites to foreign investors and he’ll be sharing an overview of the conversations he’s having and the huge potential across a wide varying portfolio.
- 1530 – 1600; Registration
- 1600 – 1645; Networking with Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1645 – 1815; Speaker Presentations
- 1815 – 1900; Networking with Hot Food, Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks