This event has now passed. Check out our future evening and one day conferences here.
York Development Plans 2019
January 8 @ 1530hrs - 1900hrs
The Hospitium, York, Museum Gardens, YO30 7DR
York Development Plans 2019 | Event
We’ll be joined by over 180 delegates and some fantastic speakers in York who’ll provide an abundance of market intel and outline regional plans. Alongside networking to connect you with some of the regions industry leaders we’ll be hearing about major regeneration and development plans set to happen in the region, including details of the ambitious York Central development – one of the largest brownfield sites in England.
Last years’ event in York highlighted the ambitious vision the region has for the City and the surrounding region. York, with it’s beautiful and unique architecture and strong reputation as a tourist destination, is ideally poised to take advantage of the momentum surrounding the arrival of HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail to Yorkshire and it’s now becoming a key area for business within the region. 140+ professionals from the construction and property industry will join us in York to hear about the major development and regeneration projects set to happen in the region. Speakers include:
- Tamsin Hart-Jones; Development Team at York Central Partnership. York Central is an ambitious scheme set to create thousands of jobs at one of England’s largest brownfield sites eyed for regeneration. The partnership, between Homes England, Network Rail, Railway Museum and City of York Council, are working towards the creation of a masterplan to agree the location of infrastructure, public space, type of mixed-use developments, building heights and more and Tasmin will be sharing details on the scheme.
- Hamer Boot; Regional Director at Henry Boot Developments. Their main current development in York is The Chocolate Works – but they also have one or two other schemes that they’re looking at in the area so it’s a perfect time to meet with Henry Boot Developments. They’ll be sharing details of The Chocolate Works scheme which has currently delivered 163 residential apartments, 82 care rooms and 8 apartments.
- Speaker TBC; Harworth Group. The regeneration experts are planning a major redevelop at the former Gascoigne Wood site which could create up to 2,000 new jobs. Planning proposes that the 276-acre site should be transformed with the creation of more than 2m sq ft of industrial and storage space – and they’re also lobbying for a new rail hub being built on the site.
- Julian Rudd; Head of Development and Regeneration at Selby District Council. The Gascoigne Wood site is just one of five employment zones identified by the Council and Julian will talk through their potential sites, investment and development opportunities, and the vision for the future – as they’re set to play a growing role in the growth of York’s economy.
VIP Dinner (SOLD OUT)
A unique opportunity to spend quality time after the event with the speakers. Take discussions about projects and schemes, procurement opportunities and networking with decision makers into a more relaxed and open setting. The evening meal will take place at The Ivy in York and includes a formal discussion around key regional topics in the industry – accompanied by good food, wine and excellent company. Attending companies include:
- Hamer Boot – Henry Boot Developments
- Other Companies Attending: Balfour Beatty, Robertson Group, Faithful+Gould, Andrew Jackson Solicitors, Morgan Sindall, United Living, BAM Construction, GRAHAM, Carey Jones Chapman Tolcher, TSP Projects, Gladman Developments, Harworth Group
The VIP Dinner has now sold out however if you’d be interested in attending we have a waiting list available for the event. To be added to this list please email: