This event has now passed. Check out our future evening and one day conferences here.
UK Universities Estates Development Plans 2018
July 17 @ 1530hrs - 1900hrs
UK Universities Estates Development Plans 2018 | Event
We’ll be joined by some fantastic speakers from some of the UK’s leading universities in London to discuss their estates, future development plans and how sustainable development and zero carbon fit into those plans. Discussions and presentations from speakers will include an overview from four universities on their future estate and campus plans.
Conference Partnership Packages
|Partnership Package||Exhibition Stand||Delegate Places||Number of Packages||Cost (+VAT)|
|Exhibitors Package||3m x 2m||2||4||£1500||View Package Details|
|VIP Dinner Partner||2||1||£1000||View Package Details|
VIP Dinner Tickets
A unique opportunity to spend quality time after the event with the speakers. Take discussions about projects and schemes, procurement opportunities and networking with decision makers into a more relaxed and open setting. The evening meal includes a formal discussion around key regional topics in the industry – accompanied by good food, wine and excellent company.
- John Bailey – University of London
- Jonathan Hines – Architype
- Grant Anderson – University of Lincoln
- Nina Skorupska – Renewable Energy Association
- Dr John Hindley – Manchester Metropolitan University
- Other Companies Attending: Pick Everard, Grimshaw, E.ON, Willmott Dixon Interiors, Tate Harmer Architects
VIP Dinner Ticket Privileges:
- Attendance at the VIP Speakers Dinner
- Attendance at the Evening Conference
- VIP name badges
- Guaranteed tickets at sold-out events
Maximum of two VIP tickets per company. Only 15 VIP tickets available per event. Dinner venue: Marco Pierre White.
There are several key reasons why universities are looking to move to more green estates. Rising energy costs are making it more attractive to look at other options in the marketplace, whilst there is a real focus to cut emissions within the sector. It can also heighten reputations, showing a desire and drive towards improving estates for the benefit of those working or visiting the estates, as well as the region in general. There are so many new innovations coming forward, and it’s a really exciting time for the market – with carbon management always forefront of the mind when new developments and estate strategies are put together. We’ve compiled a fantastic set of speakers to discuss their plans for the future including:
- John Bailey; Head of Sustainability at the University of London. The University has an ambitious plan – to have its entire estate zero carbon by 2026 as they look ‘to be the sector leader for sustainability’. He’ll be talking through their ambitious vision and how this will work alongside a bid to develop new accommodation for 7,000 more students, the deliver of a new teaching block and much more.
- Dr John Hindley; Assistant Director of Estates Management at Manchester Metropolitan University. The University has recently had its estate masterplan investment programme and their 2027 estate strategy approved – and he’ll be talking through their plans and how these will work alongside efforts to reduce their estates emissions by 50% by the year 2021 as part of their ‘Carbon Management Plan’.
- Richard Bettle; Head of Energy & Utilities at University of East Anglia and Jonathan Hines; Managing Director of Architype. They’ll be doing a joint presentation around the Universities approach to their estates energy and carbon. With a long history of reducing their footprint the University they’ll share an overview of the Enterprise Centre in which they were both involved and future projects.
- Grant Anderson; Head of Space Strategy, Planning and Sustainability at the University of Lincoln. He’ll be talking about their future development plans for their campus and zero carbon is part of the vision.
- Dr Nina Skorupska; Chief Executive at the Renewable Energy Association and Panel Member of the Carbon Energy Trust. Nina will be delivering a keynote at the beginning of the conference on the important of zero carbon along with the important role they play in the future of estates, facilities and properties within the higher education sector.
We’ll hopefully see you there!
- 1530 – 1600; Registration
- 1600 – 1645; Networking with Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1645 – 1815; Speaker Presentations
- 1815 – 1900; Networking with Hot Food, Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1930 – 2200; After Event Speakers Dinner (VIP TICKET HOLDERS ONLY)