This event has now passed. Check out our future evening and one day conferences here.
West of England Economic Growth Conference 2018
Thursday, 11th October 2018 @ 0800hrs - 1700hrs
Engine Shed, Brunel’s Old Station, Bristol, Station Approach, BS1 6QH
West of England Economic Growth Conference 2018 | Event
The West of England Economic Growth Conference is back – and this year the focus is on making development and regeneration projects happen to drive economic growth within the region. Through a series of keynotes, development plan presentations and panel discussions we’ll delve into major schemes which are both happening or planned for the future – with the conference bringing together senior leaders from across the built environment to collaborate and align to the key areas of focus for the West of England. It’s a must attend for anyone within the sector looking to work within the region.
The conference will see:
- 350+ Delegates. Click here to see companies attending.
- 35+ VIP Speakers. Click here to see all speakers.
- 25+ Exhibitors. Click here for exhibitor information.
KEYNOTES & INDUSTRIAL STATREGY PANEL
Kickstarting the conference will be two keynotes from VIP speakers – establishing the key topics and barriers within the West of England and sharing details on the opportunities to align those within the built environment to the important focus areas for the region. We’ll be hearing about how we can collaborate together to unlock and maximise the potential of the region. The opening will set the tone for the rest of the conference, with insights into the size of the prize, and the biggest picture within the West of England. We’ll be hearing from senior business leaders including:
- Julie Snell; Managing Director of Bristol is Open
- Deborah Fraser; South West Director of the CBI
- Nick Sturge; Regional Chair of the IoD
- Mel Karam; Chief Executive of Bristol Water
- And many more. Click here to see the full speaker line-up.
MAJOR DEVELOPMENT PLANS PRESENTATIONS
Once we’ve hear about the regional opportunities we’ll discover exclusive insights and future development plans as 20 major developers share details on their future schemes and masterplans for the region and their estates. We’ll hear about huge commercial and mixed-used schemes, leisure attractions, residential builds, University estates, infrastructure projects and more with a focus on the massive opportunities developments will unlock and how you can get involved. Some of the projects we’ll be hearing about include:
- Acorn Property Group are a prolific developer in the area – from their transformational scheme to regenerate the Old Brooks Dye Works into a new community on the outskirts of Bristol, to the massive commercial focused riverside project in Barnstaple to luxury residential schemes across Cornwall – they’ll share their ongoing and future plans in an exciting period for the Acorn Group.
- YTL Developments are behind the huge Filton Airfield project set to create a new community alongside new infrastructure, amenities and – potentially – Bristol Arena. They’ll talk about the project, what it means for the wider region and how companies can get involved.
- University of Bath have just purchased the Bristol & Bath Science Park for £18m and they have huge plans for the site which could have a phenomenal impact on the economic growth story of the region.
- Bath & North Somerset Council will discuss their transformational Bath Quays scheme – the most significant level of development for over 25 years in the region, along with other development and regeneration zones within their region.
- Milligan Retail will be sharing details on a new concept – ‘Creative Trade’ – and they’re looking to engage with businesses within the West of England to help turn legacy buildings into thriving artisan retail environments. They’ll be starting in the region with a blank canvas – looking to engage with the whole supply chain from investors and developers to land owners and more
- Hammerson will talk about their portfolio including an exciting new development set to happen within the West of England.
- Taylor Wimpey will be sharing a presentation on some huge schemes they’re working on, such as the North Whiteley project delivering 3,500 homes and their development on the outskirts of Bristol to create three new villages and 4,500 new homes, which will drive housing numbers across the West of England.
- Cubex Land‘s presentation will include an overview of their plans for the former Avon Fire and Rescue building – one of the only remaining regeneration sites in the heart of Bristol city centre.
- Bristol Airport is thriving and with the Government’s recent announcement of support to regional airports the trend is set to continue. We’ll be hearing about their plans to attract more passengers and deal with more cargo to drive economic growth within the region.
- Highways England are set to drive economic growth in the West of England through their Road Investment Strategy, with the first project – a new M49 junction – about to kickstart which is expected to deliver 14,000 new jobs and provide a massive boost for the regional economy.
- Any many more. Click here to see a full list of speakers.
It promises to be an unmissable event! Don’t miss out – tickets are limited:
WRAP UP & ECONOMIC GROWTH Q&A
Not only will delegates get the chance to network and ask questions throughout the day to those driving economic growth within the region – we’ll finalise the event through an audience led Q&A session to summarise the event proceedings, focus on the barriers and constraints, and ensure those attending leave the conference aligned to the key focuses of the West of England with a clear view of how you can get involved. Some of those taking part in the Q&A session include:
- Tom Gorringe; Director of Bristol Rovers FC
- Paul Shand; South West Regional Chair of the Department for International Trade
- Donna Kehoe; South West Agent at the Bank of England
- James Durie; Chief Executive of Bristol Chamber
- Click here to see the full list of speakers and agenda
Associate your brand with the West of England Economic Growth Conference and position your brand at the forefront of the regions biggest event of the year. Some of the benefits of partnership and exhibition packages include…
- Speak at the conference; we have opportunities to deliver a keynote speech or get involved within the conversation by chairing one of the event sessions
- Build brand trust; be at the forefront of the event with on stage branding and VIP access to stand out from the crowd
- Access to speakers; share the stage or the back stage green room to build rapport and relationships with key senior leaders from the region
- Mass brand awareness; get your brand in front of senior leaders in the industry – our events attract the most senior level management from the UK’s leading firms and public sector organisations.
- Any much more!
Be at the forefront of the economic growth story in the West of England.
West of England Economic Growth Conference Partners Include:
West of England Economic Growth Conference 2018 | Programme
|0800 – 0900||Breakfast & Registration|
|0900 – 0945||Keynote Speakers|
Julie Snell, Managing Director, Bristol Is Open CONFIRMED
Dr Harry Destecroix, Co-Founder, Ziylo CONFIRMED
|Keynote 3 – Brexit Presentation|
Jeremy Sneddon, Director, Provelio CONFIRMED
|0945 – 1030||Devolution & Economic Growth (Inc. Industrial Strategy)|
|Key regional players providing their views on devolution, economic growth and their views on the industrial strategy|
|Chair: Jeremy Sneddon, Director, Provelio|
|Deborah Fraser, Director – South West, CBI CONFIRMED|
|Nick Sturge, Regional Chair, IoD CONFIRMED|
|Mel Karam, Chief Executive, Bristol Water CONFIRMED|
|Tom Gorringe, Director, Bristol Rovers FC CONFIRMED|
|Prof. Steve Egan, Vice President – Implementation, University of Bath CONFIRMED|
|1030 – 1045||Break & Networking|
|1045 – 1145||Developers|
|Leading developers are presenting their development plans and the contribution they are making to West of England economic growth|
|Chair: John Boughton, Deputy Managing Director, Willmott Dixon|
|Robin Squire, Regional Managing Director, Acorn Property Group CONFIRMED|
|Robin Dobson, Director – Retail Development, Hammerson CONFIRMED|
|Paul Hanegraaf, Creative Navigator, Milligan Retail CONFIRMED|
|Ben Wells, Chief Commercial Officer, Bath Rugby CONFIRMED|
|1145 – 1200||Break & Networking|
|1200 – 1300||Housing|
|Presentations form 5 leading housing developers/builders|
|Chair: Dan Weaver, Executive Director – Planning, Pegasus|
|Louise Swain, Chief Executive, Alliance Homes Group CONFIRMED|
|Andrew Dobson, Managing Director, Crest Nicholson CONFIRMED|
|Jason Mills, Director of Planning & Development, YTL Developments CONFIRMED|
|Gavin Bridge, Director, Cubex Land CONFIRMED|
|Ralph Hawkins, Managing Director, Taylor Wimpey CONFIRMED|
|1300 – 1330||Lunch & Networking|
|1330 – 1430||Infrastructure|
|Presentations on the major developments in infrastructure that are key to the West of England|
|Chair: Jonathan Bower, Partner, Womble Bond Dickinson|
|Andrew Page-Dove, SW Regional Director, Highways England CONFIRMED|
|Dave Lees, Chief Executive, Bristol Airport CONFIRMED|
|John Chaplin, Director of External Affairs & Special Projects, Bristol Ports CONFIRMED|
|1430 – 1445||Break & Networking|
|1445 – 1545||Universities & Colleges|
|A chance to learn how leading educational organisations are contributing to the economic growth in the region|
|Chair: Saud Muhsinovic, Global Practice Leader – Higher Education, Mott MacDonald|
|Sue Rigby, Vice Chancellor, Bath Spa University CONFIRMED|
|Nigel Benton, Director of Apprenticeships & Employer Based Training, City of Bristol College CONFIRMED|
|Kevin Hamblin, Executive Principal & Group Chief Executive, South Gloucestershire & Stroud College CONFIRMED|
|Tom Britten, Commercial Director, University of Bath CONFIRMED|
|1545 – 1600||Conference Summary; Phil Laycock|
West of England Economic Growth Conference 2018 | Attendees
Hundreds of business decision makers and industry professionals will join us in Bristol to drive economic growth. Check out some of the companies you could meet at the event:
|Acorn Property Group|
|Alec French Architects|
|Alliance Homes Group|
|Bath & North East Somerset Council|
|Bath Rugby Union Club|
|Bath Spa University|
|Bristol & Bath Regional Capital|
|Bristol City Council|
|Bristol Chamber of Commerce|
|Bristol is Open|
|Bristol Rovers FC|
|Built Environment Networking|
|Butler & Young|
|Join these companies! BOOK NOW!|
|Cadence Planning PR|
|Campbell Reith Consulting Engineers|
|Childs + Sulzmann|
|Churchman Landscape Architects|
|City College Bristol|
|Cryer & Coe Architects|
|Department for International Trade|
|ECE Westworks Architecture|
|Emmett Russell Architects|
|Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios|
|Ferguson Mann Architects|
|Hampshire Trust Bank|
|Institute of Civil Engineers|
|Institute of Directors|
|International Fire Consultants (IFC Group)|
|Key Transport Consultants|
|Langley Waterproofing Systems|
|Legal & General|
|Lewis Silkin LLP|
|Lifting Gear UK|
|M J Church|
|Meeting Place Communications|
|National Federation of Builders|
|Paul Basham Associates|
|Peter Brett Associates|
|Rider Levett Buc|
|Silcock Dawson & Partners|
|Smith & Williamson|
|South Gloucestershire & Stroud College|
|Spratley & Partners|
|St Wulstans Canalside RTM Co|
|Stephen George & Partners|
|Transport Planning Associates|
|Trowers & Hamlins|
|Turner & Townsend|
|University of Bath|
|Weston Williamson + Partners|
|Womble Bond Dickinson|
|Join these companies! BOOK NOW!|