This event has now passed. Check out our future evening and one day conferences here.
Tees Valley Development Plans 2018
May 16 @ 1530hrs - 1900hrs
Tees Valley Development Plans 2018 | Event
We’ll be joined in Tees Valley by some exceptional speakers to hear about the exciting developments in the region which are driving growth opportunities in the region. Presentations and discussion points will include an overview of the new South Tees Development Corporation and the work they’re involved in currently – including a site which could create 20,000 new jobs in Redcar, Muse’s Northshore development including Infinity Riverside and future pipeline plans for the company, Darlingtons Local Plan which aims to deliver an additional 10,000 homes to the region and how the regions study into free ports could have a huge boost to the economy.
|Sponsorship Package||Exhibition Stand||Delegate Places||Number of Packages||Cost (+VAT)|
|Exhibitors Package||3m x 2m||2||4||£1500||View Package Details|
|VIP Dinner Partner||2||1||£1000||View Package Details|
VIP Dinner Ticket
Enjoy quality time after the event with the speakers, in a more relaxed environment. Take discussions about projects and schemes, procurement opportunities and networking with decision makers into a more relaxed and open setting – helping you build stronger relationships. The evening meal includes a formal discussion around key regional topics in the industry – accompanied by good food, wine and excellent company.
Join the following speakers and companies:
- Ummar Hanif – Department for International Trade
- John Anderson – Darlington Borough Council
- Alison Fellows – Tees Valley Combined Authority
- Other Companies: JACOBS, Faithful+Gould, WSP, PwC, Socotec, VolkerStevin, Square One Law
VIP Dinner Ticket Privileges:
- Attendance at the VIP Speakers Dinner
- Attendance at the Evening Conference
- VIP name badges
- Guaranteed tickets at sold-out events
Maximum of two VIP tickets per company. Only 15 VIP tickets available per event. Dinner venue: Acklam Hall.
The Tees Valley region has a lot of exciting conversation happening at the moment – with huge opportunities arising for growth across the region. Local and regional authorities are motoring forward with plans to improve connectivity and infrastructure, whilst creating new development zones to boost housing numbers and employment space. We’ll be hearing from some of the key stakeholders in the biggest schemes happening at the moment including:
- John Anderson; Assistant Director of Economic Initiative at Darlington Borough Council. He’ll be sharing details and updates to their Local Plan which is set to steer infrastructure, housing and economic growth in the region – as an expected increase in population sees the authority look to deliver 10,000 new homes in the next 20 years. There is also lots going on in the town at the moment, with recent announcements such as the Hilton by Hampton and Feethams just a couple of the developments set to go ahead in the near future. An exciting time for the area which John will be able to tell us more about.
- Alison Fellows; Investment Manager at Tees Valley Combined Authority. Alison will share an overview of the huge work the Combined Authority are undertaking to support the regional authorities, private sector companies and the focus areas on how they’ll be driving growth in Tees Valley.
- John McNicholas; Engineering & Programme Director at South Tees Development Corporation (STDC). The STDC is an exciting new enterprise that will be crucial in promoting the economic development and business growth in Tees Valley. Cover 4,500 acres it’s the first Mayoral Development Corporation (MDC) to be set up outside of Greater London, and it’s chaired by the Tees Valley Mayor and supported by a powerful board that exemplifies a strong private-sector and local community focus. Their masterplan could see 20,000 new skilled jobs created, heavily focused on innovation and advanced technologies within a high value, low carbon, diverse and circular economy. John will be sharing the details of the corporation and will be looking to engage with potential investors, developers and those looking to get involved in some incredibly exciting projects and plans.
- Simon Dew; Senior Development Surveyor at Muse Developments. He’ll be talking about their developments, especially the exciting Infinity Riverside project which in Stockton, as well as other future development plans they have in the pipeline.
- Geoff Lippitt; Business Development Director of PD Ports. He’ll be able to share details on the study into ‘free-ports’ and how this could have a huge boost for the economy. PD Ports are also looking to develop a Northern Gateway Terminal to allow direct imports from the Far East and Asia which they hope will begin soon. And he’ll also be able to share details of the LEP, what plans they have for the region and how they’re going to help improve infrastructure, boost housing numbers, create jobs and more.
- Councillor Sue Jeffrey; Leader of Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council. She’ll discuss their Local Plan, how they’re working with the Combined Authority to deliver investment to fund housing and employment space, and talk about the future development zones in the region and where opportunities may lie to get involved. Their recent Local Plan is also set to be a key talking point with investment being made across various projects and the opportunity for developers to get involved in highlighted projects.
- Ummar Hanif; Regional Manager for Capital Investment at the Department of International Trade. Ummar’s role includes the responsibility for large capital investment and regeneration projects in the North of England.
It’s a brilliant line-up and we hope to see you there for an evening on construction and property insights, and plenty of networking.
- 1530 – 1600; Registration
- 1600 – 1645; Networking with Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1630 – 1815; Speaker Presentations
- 1815 – 1900; Networking with Hot Food, Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1930 – 2200; After Event Speakers Dinner (VIP TICKET HOLDERS ONLY)