West Midlands Development & Regeneration Plans 2017
November 30 @ 1530hrs - 1900hrs
West Midlands Development & Regeneration Plans 2017 | Event
Our next Birmingham conference follows our recent and very successful discussion around development plans in Birmingham.
Some reflection on this discussion will be inevitable but we have secured another formidable line up of speakers from different parts of the industry for you to hear from.
- James Lazarus of the Canal & Rivers Trust will talk about the waterside schemes that he is working on in the Midlands.
- Richard Norgrove is Property Director at Hortons Estates, a prolific Midlands developer with several active schemes.
- Richard Probert is the Project Director for Snowhill who will update us on this scheme and others that Ballymore are looking at.
- Maria is currently the Director for Midlands Connect, a £5m collaboration that together with central government, brings together 28 Local Authorities and 11 Local Enterprise Partnerships across the Midlands, to develop the vision and strategy for transport connectivity throughout the region. The strategy will identify the major infrastructure projects which are needed to improve linkages to the region’s key hubs, therefore increasing economic activity and helping to power the Midlands Engine. Maria is working closely with Government bodies and the European Commission on key aspects of the European Transport White Paper such the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans and the Connecting Europe Facility.
Interested in promoting your business to others in the industry?
Consider Sponsoring this event – Sponsorship Packages can be viewed here.
Contact us today to talk about what Sponsoring a Built Environment Networking Event can do for your business!
|Headline Partner||Event Sponsor||Programme Sponsor||Exhibitor||Dinner Sponsor|
- 1530 – 1600; Registration
- 1600 – 1645; Networking with Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1645 – 1815; Speaker Presentations
- 1815 – 1900; Networking with Hot Food, Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1930 – 2200; After Event Speakers Dinner (VIP TICKET HOLDERS ONLY)
Buy a VIP ticket to this event and come to dinner straight after the event with the speakers. Great food, good wine and excellent conversation.
VIP Ticket Privileges
- Attendance at Speakers Dinner
- Reserved seating in the front two rows at the event
- Guaranteed tickets at sold-out events
- Only 15 VIP tickets available at each event
- VIP Name Badges
- Maximum two VIP tickets per company
Dinner Venue – OPUS at Cornwall Street
Come to dinner and join:
- John Plumridge – Birmingham City University
- James Lazarus – Canal & River Trust
- Other attendees to be confirmed
Maria Machancoses, Director; Midlands Connect
With a degree in Law and an MSc in International Transport, Maria has spent the last 20 years working in the UK.
Maria is currently Director for Midlands Connect, one of the largest and most successful partnership programmes in the country bringing together 23 Local Authorities and 9 Local Enterprise Partnerships across the Midlands from the Marches to the Wash.
In March 2017 the partnership published a 25 year pan-Midlands transport strategy for the region, therefore increasing economic activity and helping to power the Midlands Engine. Since its formation the partnership has secured over £17m support from government to accelerate the delivery of its transport priorities from 2020 and beyond.
More recently Maria has been working as Interim Director of the Midlands Engine, a partnership which aims to generate a step change in productivity, economic growth in the Midlands and help drive Britain’s post-Brexit growth.
As part of her previous role, Maria managed the WM Integrated Transport Authority’s input into the HS2 Hybrid Bill and was actively involved in master-planning activities around proposed HS2 Stations in the West Midlands.
James has 40 years experience in the property industry starting out in local house agency before moving to London and having spells working for Hillier Parker and Weatherall Green & Smith. In 1983, he joined a quoted conglomerate to run their property subsidiary English & Overseas Properties, which was floated in 1988. The business was sold in 1999 and James then set up and ran a development management business undertaking small speculative developments for high net worth individuals before joining British Waterways, the predecessor to Canal & River Trust in 2006. James lives in Hertfordshire and enjoys travel, skiing and golf and has recently taken up cycling. In the last four years he has completed four long distance cycle rides raising almost £30,000 for C&RT.
Joined Hortons’ in 2008 and was appointed Property Director in 2009.
A Chartered Surveyor, prior to joining Hortons, Richard spent 12 years at Mountcity based in the Black Country.
Project Director and Development Manager of the commercial development at Snowhill in Birmingham.
Management of major sales and lettings across the Ballymore portfolio of commercial property in the UK.
ANO – TBC