West Midlands Development Plans
March 19 @ 1530hrs - 1900hrs
Council House, Birmingham
West Midlands Development Plans | Event
Hundreds of construction and property professionals will join us in Birmingham to hear about the major development plans of leading sport clubs across the Midlands and hear about the schemes set to be unlocked by the arrival of the Commonwealth Games in 2022. Sat between hours of networking with senior leaders and decision makers from across the Midlands we’ll hear a set of presentations from stakeholders who’re all heading up major sporting estate projects including the new Wasps RFC centre of excellence and large developments happening due to the CG2022.
|Partnership Package||Exhibition Stand||Delegate Places||Number of Packages||Cost (+VAT)|
|Conference Partner||Yes||4||1||£2,500||View Package Details|
|Exhibitor Package||Yes||2||4||£1,500||View Package Details|
|VIP Dinner Partner||-||2||1||£1,000||View Package Details|
|Programme Partner||-||2||1||£500||View Package Details|
VIP Dinner Tickets
A unique opportunity to spend quality time after the event with the speakers. Take discussions about projects and schemes, procurement opportunities and networking with decision makers into a more relaxed and open setting. The evening meal includes a formal discussion around key regional topics in the industry – accompanied by good food, wine and excellent company. Those attending dinner include:
- Birmingham City University
- Companies Attending: Balfour Beatty, Edmond Shipway
VIP Dinner Ticket Privileges:
- Attendance at the VIP Speakers’ Dinner
- Attendance at the Evening Conference
- VIP name badges
- Guaranteed tickets at sold-out events
Maximum of two VIP tickets per company. Only 15 VIP tickets available per event. Dinner venue: Tom’s Kitchen.
Sport continues to grow within the UK – whether its attendance and participation numbers or major growth across revenue streams including sponsorship and TV rights. This, along with the arrival of the Commonwealth Games and other major competitions, is seeing the need to expand stadiums, create new sporting venues and build new technologically advanced centres and training venues to gain an advantage against the opposition. The huge developments like this will be the focus of our next event in Birmingham as we gather those who’re putting forward new plans to speak about their vision for their estates and stadia. Speakers include:
- Nick Eastwood; Chief Executive Officer of Wasps RFC. The club are planning a new training centre of excellence – and they’ll be giving an update on where their scheme is at and how people can get involved in the project.
- Neil Carney; Programme Director (Commonwealth Games 2022) and Ashley Innes; Project Manager (Athletes Village) at Birmingham City Council. After winning the Commonwealth Games 2022 bid the Council are needing to upgrade facilities across the West Midlands to host the event, and they’ll be talking through major schemes from the athletes village to the expansion of Alexander Stadium and their plans to ensure the infrastructure, hotels and other facilitates are all in place for the expected boost in visitor numbers.
- John Plumridge; Director of Estates at Birmingham City University. John will be giving an overview of the exciting vision for the future of Birmingham City University’s estate – with details on ongoing and future development plans, procurement insights and more.
We expect to be in a position to announce additional speakers shortly.
- 1530 – 1600; Registration
- 1600 – 1645; Networking with Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1645 – 1815; Speaker Presentations
- 1815 – 1900; Networking with Hot Food, Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1930 – 2200; After-Event Speakers’ Dinner (VIP Ticket Holders Only)