This event has now passed. Check out our future evening and one day conferences here.
North East Development Plans
Wednesday, 16th January 2019 @ 1530hrs - 1900hrs
St James’s Park, Newcastle,
North East Development Plans | Event
Our first event of 2019 in the North East will see us visit Newcastle where we’re expected to be joined by over 120 delegates for an evening of networking alongside exclusive insights from some of the region’s biggest names. There will be plenty of time to make new connections and contacts throughout the networking periods before we hear presentations from speakers, which will include an overview of the new £200m arena, conference and exhibition centre set for the region, a 14 hectare site on the edge of Newcastle set for office and business space and much more.
Partnership Package Exhibition Stand Delegate Places Number of Packages Cost (+VAT) Conference Partner Yes 4 1 £2,500 View Package Details Exhibitor Package Yes 2 2 £1,500 View Package Details VIP Dinner Partner - 2 1 £1,000 Sold Out Programme Partner - 2 1 £500 Sold Out
VIP Dinner Tickets
A unique opportunity to spend quality time after the event with the speakers. Take discussions about projects and schemes, procurement opportunities and networking with decision makers into a more relaxed and open setting. The evening meal includes a formal discussion around key regional topics in the industry – accompanied by good food, wine and excellent company. Those joining us include:
- Martin Gannon – Gateshead Council
- Sheena Ramsey – Gateshead Council
- Iain Garfield – Newcastle University
- Neil McMillan – iMpeC Group
- Helen Cadzow – Cadzow Estates
- Other Companies Attending: Balfour Beatty, Robertson, Surface Property, Delta-Simons
VIP Dinner Ticket Privileges:
- Attendance at the VIP Speakers’ Dinner
- Attendance at the Evening Conference
- VIP name badges
- Guaranteed tickets at sold-out events
Maximum of two VIP tickets per company. Only 15 VIP tickets available per event. Dinner Venue: 21.
There is an abundance of development happening across the North East currently and we’re set to hear at our conference this January about how that’ll be continuing over the next 5-15 years. There are already many major schemes proposed and we’ll be hearing about some of those through presentations shared by speakers – but we’ll also hear about new possible projects which could help shape the North East in the years to come, with information on how you can get involved. Alongside 120 delegates we’ll be hearing from the following:
- Martin Gannon; Leader of Gateshead Council. Gateshead are looking to create thousands of jobs and homes across the region and with that will come new development and regeneration. He’ll be talking through some of their major plans and that includes the ambitious £200m Gateshead Quay project which will transform the 3.84 hectare site into a convention and exhibition centre, 12,500 seat arena with plenty of mixed-use leisure space, the 14 hectare site earmarked for prime business space, and the expansion of the Gateshead Enterprise Zone.
- Joanne Peacock; Regional Category Specialist at North East Procurement Organisation (NEPO). NEPO are used by almost every local authority across the region along with various other firms and bodies – and Joanne will share an overview of their frameworks, new frameworks set to launch, frameworks set for renewal soon, best practice and more.
- Keith McDougall; Operations Director – Residential at The High Street Group. The company is at the forefront of a drive to create more PRS apartments around the UK and they’ve proposed some major residential schemes in the North East including hundreds of flats set to be built at two key sites overlooking the Tyne. They’re also working on Newcastle’s tallest tower block and Keith will share details of these schemes and the future projects set to happen within the region.
- Iain Garfield; Acting Head of Estates for Newcastle University. The strategic vision of the University will see a major investment into their estates and property portfolio. He’ll be sharing details of their ongoing and future pipeline of work which is all part of their £500m investment into quality facilities which includes massive regeneration of Richardson Road where a £75m student accommodation scheme is currently ongoing.
- Neil McMillan; Managing Director at iMpeC Group. Neil will be speaking about several key schemes including the ambitious Milburngate development in Durham – a project which will see the creation of a 450,000sq ft mixed use scheme, 60,000 sq ft of retail and leisure space, 230,000sq ft of office space, a new hotel, apartments.
- Helen Cadzow; Owner of Cadzow Estates. She’ll be sharing the plans for the property developer as they look to continue their work in Newcastle and the surrounding North East region.
We expect to be in a position to announce additional speakers shortly.
- 1530 – 1600; Registration
- 1600 – 1645; Networking with Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1645 – 1815; Speaker Presentations
- 1815 – 1900; Networking with Hot Food, Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks
- 1930 – 2200; After-event Speakers’ Dinner (VIP ticket holders only)
North East Development Plans | Sponsors
If Newcastle and the North East is important to your business then being at the forefront of this event is crucial. You’ll be seen in front of the regions biggest names. Below are the packages still available:
|Partnership Package||Exhibition Stand||Delegate Places||Number of Packages||Cost (+VAT)|
|Conference Partner||Yes||4||1||£2,500||View Package Details|
|Exhibitor Package||Yes||2||2||£1,500||View Package Details|
|VIP Dinner Partner||-||2||1||£1,000||Sold Out|
|Programme Partner||-||2||1||£500||Sold Out|
North East Development Plans | Attendees
Leaders firms from across the UK are set to join us in Newcastle to hear about the exciting opportunities in the region – with speakers from some of the major developers driving new development and regeneration. Some of those joining us are:
|Bryan G Hall|
|Colour Urban Design|
|Currie & Brown|
|JOIN US THERE >|
|Darlington Borough Council|
|Desco (Design & Consultancy)|
|Hampshire Trust Bank|
|International Fire Consultants (IFC Group)|
|Lambert Smith Hampton|
|Lantei Compliance Services|
|JOIN THESE COMPANIES THERE >|
|Marshalls Street Furniture|
|National Plumbing & Heating Services (NPHS)|
|National Federation of Builders|
|North East Procurement Organisation|
|PCCW Global Networks (UK)|
|BOOK NOW >|
|SES Engineering Services|
|Square One Law|
|TGP Landscape Architects|
|The High Street Group|
|The Sirius Group|
|Troup Bywaters + Anders|
|Turner & Townsend|
|Womble Bond Dickinson|